Cebu Pacific, Tigerair Philippines sign for PTT jet fuel supply

PTT Philippines, the local subsidiary of Thailand’s largest oil company PTT Public Co. Ltd., has signed an agreement with Cebu Pacific Air and Tigerair Philippines for the jet fuel supply.

The agreement between the three companies covers the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport (Clark) consumption only and will have a monthly average of 120,000 liters and 200,000 liters of fuel for the domestic flights requirements of Cebu Pacific and Tigerair, respectively, according to PTT president and chief executive officer Wisarn Chawalitanon.

PTT president and chief executive officer Wisarn Chawalitanon said:

These are just the initial demand for these two allied airline companies and we are projecting a demand growth for their Clark operations.

PTT is currently providing 70 percent of Cebu Pacific's fuel supply. The remaining 30 percent is being sourced from other oil players. PTT maintains a six-truck refueling operation in Subic International Airport.

Recently, PTT and Cebu Pacific signed a separate jet fuel supply agreement for 183 million liters worth P8 billion. This agreement covers the airline's direct importations for storage in Subic as well as eventual consumption for its flights at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Besides Cebu Pacific, PTT also provides jet fuel for airlines operating at the Clark International Airport such as Emirates, UPS, Qatar, and etc. The oil company has more than 70 retail stations across Metro Manila, Central, North and South Luzon, and Cebu in the Visayas.